Apple Cider Vinegar For Chickens
The benefits and uses of Apple Cider Vinegar for chickens are numerous. Not only is it good for improving egg supply and feathering but it also
- Helps lower the pH in the stomach, making it a less friendly environment for harmful pathogens.
- Aids digestion.
- Detoxifies the blood.
- Helps remove mucous from the body.
- Contains Potassium assisting in helping maximum nutrition to be obtained from feed, particularly Calcium which is very important for the laying hen.
- Benefits hens that tend to experience respiratory problems.
- Is an antiseptic.
- Can act as a mild antibiotic when garlic has been added to it (see below).
- Contains Pectin (aids in keeping the heart healthy).
- Can be effective in controlling Salmonella, Coccidiosis cysts and internal parasites.
We now have Stockhealth Apple Cider Vinegar available, with or without garlic, in 2, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 litre offerings.
It is double strength non-pasteurised, so it is literally alive and contains all the natural goodness and beneficial active enzymes known as "Mother Of Vinegar" which is vital for preserving all vitamins and minerals.
One of Australia's biggest organic chicken producers uses natural products to treat their flock, amongst them Apple Cider Vinegar.
Watch this video from the ABC's Landline in full or see Apple Cider Vinegar mentioned after 5 mins 25 secs.
Recommended dosage: Add to our onboard water tanks 1/2ml - 1ml per bird, per day, depending on the size of the bird.
Enquiring about our products or services ? Fill in your details below and we'll ensure we're in touch within five business days.